Thursday, December 11, 2008

Setting up for the holidays

Downey McGrath set up the office for the holidays. The interns and the assistants were in charge of setting up the Christmas tree. We had hot chocolate with marshmallows and we listened to holiday music as we set up the tree. It was very difficult setting up a fake Christmas tree because in Northern Minnesota we always have real trees. This tree was intense. Cords all over the place for the lights, it took us forever to figure out that we had to plug in all of the lights before every string would work. It was really fun though and it got me in the holiday spirit.

Putting the star on the tree at DMG

Also, because it is the last weekend before we leave I decided to make my roommates dinner. I have to tell you living with Mexicans is amazing. I came home to prepared meals all of the time and I told them one time I was going to surprise them and cook. I never even cook for myself, but for an audience? I was nervous! I googled everything from cutting avocados (not recommended) to making fajitas. I made way too much food, but after 14 weeks of being here, there is nothing wrong with leftovers. It’s been a few days and I can tell you that nobody has died from my cooking so I consider that a success.

My food--I'm so proud!

Eating dinner

When I went to Ohio to campaign for McCain I met several people that work at another lobbying firm. They invited me to their “small” Christmas party. I was expecting a little bit of appetizers and a small group of people, not exactly. I walked into a room full of hundreds of people! It was a little bit intimidating, but in my last week here I felt confident I could mingle my way around. Not to mention there were free drinks, appetizers, and a sushi bar! My two favorite things: not drinking, silly! People and food! =)

No comments: