Wednesday, November 26, 2008

DC Nightlife

I thought I would dedicate one entry to the nightlife in DC. DC definitely is mostly work, but there is a little time for play too. Of course for the 21 and up group DC’s nightlife is amazing. There are 4 main areas that we like to go. Georgetown, Dupont Circle, Adams Morgan, and K Street. My favorite area is Dupont Circle. It is a mix of Georgetown and Adams Morgan. My roommates go to this place called The Front Page, which is right next to the Dupont Metro. My roommates are Mexican, and it seems as if they are always traveling in crowds of 10-20. A group of 5 with them is unheard of! But always a great time! Also, since my roommates are Mexican they like going to Latin American clubs. CafĂ© Citron and Sesto Senso are also in Dupont Circle. Reeeally fun! Warning lots of sombreros and loud Spanish music. I’ve made it out there a few Thursdays, but I try not to go out during the week because I’m one of those people that don’t function without 8 hours of sleep!

Playing the bongos at a Latino bar

Adams Morgan isn’t really my style. I like to get dressed up and go out. I felt like it was a very “fratty” area and everytime I’ve been there the street has been loaded with police officers on standby. To me it means they are there for a reason, so I didn’t feel that safe there. But a lot of people like it because there aren't too many lines and the drinks there are really cheap compared to the rest of DC. My favorite place there is Madam’s Organ. Live bands, great crowd, really fun time. Adams Morgan also has Jumbo Slice Pizza that normally wouldn’t sound good any other time of the day other than when its time to go home! I would recommend Adams Morgan during the day and hit up there shops and restaurants. Night, not so much.


Out with my Roomies!

Georgetown is awesome if you can afford it! I would say the drinks there are double the price at most places. Also, the Metro doesn’t go directly to Georgetown. They did this on purpose because they didn’t want the “riffraff” coming into Georgetown. So ladies if you are wearing heels carry a big purse and some flip flops because you will be walking a lot!

K Street is also very fun. This is the street to go out and get really dressed up on which is one of my favorite things to do. We go to this place called The Park, which is 4 floors, and each plays different kinds of music. It is also right across the street from the McPherson Square Metro, so no walking necessary, which you’ll find is key in DC. If you are traveling with males, beware that it is not easy to get them in everywhere. But a group of ladies? That’s a different story. This is by far one of my favorite places. Lima and Butterfly Lounge are across the street which are both classy clubs, but they are much more relaxed.

Oddly enough, the rain has kept us in Rockville or Bethesda quite a bit. The traveling and commuting gets to you, so when the weather is bad its hard to be motiviated to take a long train ride. But Gordon Biersch and BlackFinn are a ton of fun! Definitely your jeans and T-shirt kind of places, but when its raining, who really cares about looking cute anymore?!

The girls out for dinner in Rockville

I’m still on a mission to find my favorite restaurant. So far it is still Sushi Damo out by my apartment in Rockville. Surprisingly enough Baja Fresh is up there too. This isn’t really a restaurant, it's more like a Qdoba or Chipotle, but I LOVE IT! Don’t stand between a girl and her burritos. I’m a classy girl what can I say! It’s also conveniently located next to The Front Page in Dupont, so is great for late night cravings.

Dinner with TWC friends

No comments: